We have to bring attention to the violence in Chicago. When the Colorado massacre took place, it rocked the nation for one day, but homicides in Chicago rock families every day. There seems to be no end to the madness. We can’t just sit back and hope that it gets better. We have to act until it gets better.
Tio Hardiman, director of CeaseFire Illinois
Hardiman is working with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan to organize a summit of Chicago gang leaders in an effort to quell the violence.
FILM: The Interrupters
8 Notes/ Hide
- colderthanpenguinpussy reblogged this from kartemquin
- rainisfallinglookslikegaylove reblogged this from kartemquin
- samplesorkeys reblogged this from theelectricrelaxation
- soodurteee reblogged this from theelectricrelaxation
- dancingchoose likes this
- theelectricrelaxation likes this
- theelectricrelaxation reblogged this from kartemquin
- kartemquin posted this